Get Going In Your Garden In March
As the weather starts to improve getting out into the garden is much easier and there has never been a better time than in March. Things you can do through March include:-
- Consider moving deciduous trees or shrubs, now is the time to do it provided the soil is not frozen or waterlogged.
- Now is the time to feed trees, shrubs and hedges with a good slow-release fertiliser by lightly forking it into the soil surface.
- Why not plant some summer-flowering bulbs such as Lilies and Ranunculus or Gladioli into beds, borders or containers.
- Plant out any forced flower bulbs in the garden, such as hyacinths and daffodils which have finished flowering indoors.
- Plant snowdrops in the green to brighten up your winter garden next year.
- Vegetables to sow in March include
- Broad beans
- And more